Castletown House is a selection of apartments and studios situated in West Kensington, London. Offering three star self catering serviced studios, as well as our four star self catering serviced family studio and larger apartments including one, two and three bedroom apartments. Ideally located in between Gatwick, Heathrow and Central London. Ideal for many types of guests, including business and leisure breaks. With Free Wi Fi as standard to keep in touch when you stay with us in London. Each apartment is equipped with kitchen facilities, and most have washing facilities also.
|Check-in||15:00 - 22:00|
|Check-in Instructions||Please arrive at Castletown House between 10:00 & 18:00 for luggage drop and/or check in. Outside of these times please arrange your check in with us directly. Check in after 22:00 is available but at the discretion of the management, and there maybe an addtional charge for this. Please enquire before booking.|
|Getting There||Castletown House is located in West Kensington, London with Barons Court (Piccadilly Line) and West Kensington Station (District Line) are close to our apartments. West Brompton is 10 minute walk from us, and is the alighting station from Gatwick, you can connect with the London Underground here, and come directly to West Kensington Station. The ideal station to alight is West Kensington as we are two minutes away. You may arrange a taxi to collect you, and bring you directly to Castletown House. For Train options from Stansted, Luton, Gatwick, Heathrow and any other airport or train station please do contact us for further instructions.|
|Parking||On the Street Parking is available. Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:00 £2.20 per hour. Free at all other times.|
|Things To Do||Castletown House is a few stops from Holland Park, Kensington Gardens, Hyde Park, Knightsbridge (Harrods), The Natural History Museum, The Victoria and Albert Museum and Science Museum . From West Kensington station you can easily access Central London. The Earls Court and Olympia Exhibition Centre are within walking distance of our apartments where many trade shows and events take place, be sure to check out what is on whilst you are visiting, or indeed on business. We are closely located to three English Football stadiums (Chelsea, Fulham and QPR) Kew Gardens and the London Wetland Centre are also easily accessible.|
|Business Facilities||We have printing, photocopying and fax facilities on site, there is a payphone in the lobby, and our reception staff can assist you further should you require|
|Terms and Conditions||1. NATURE OF CONTRACT: This is a private & confidentially legally binding rental contract, for the rental property, during the agreed dates, which is for the use of the proprietors (“Castletown House”), the above-named guests & their legal representatives only; you agree that it will not be disclosed to any 3rd parties or used for any other purposes (such as media articles or immigration) without prior permission from Castletown House. If, while staying at the flat, you are found to be in serious breach of any of these terms & conditions, your tenancy would be terminated & you must vacate the flat immediately, without any refund of rent.
2. IDENTITY OF GUESTS: For due diligence purposes, you agree to provide Proof-Of-Identity (passport/ driver-licence) for all or some of the adult guests who will sleep in apartment/studio. Other than the named guests, you will not give keys to anyone else or allow anyone else to enter the apartment/studio at any time. (Daytime & Evening visitors to 11pm may be allowed if you ask us in advance).
3. CANCELLATION: In the event of unforeseen circumstances to Castletown House retains the right cancel this booking with a full & immediate refund to you, if this happens we would help you to find an alternative apartment/studio rental at the same or better standard at no extra cost to you. If you cancel or “no-show”, you will be subject to our standard terms and conditions as set out in our cancellation policy at the time of booking.
4.LIABILITY: You agree to book the apartment/studio with Castletown House, to live in it, to use its facilities, & to leave your personal belongings in it, entirely at your own risk & responsibility. Castletown House cannot be held responsible or liable for any injury, loss of life, theft, damage, destruction, or natural disaster, or for any “no-show” due sickness, travel disruption or any natural disaster or other reasons. You should take out an insurance policy to cover you for these risks.
5. BEHAVIOUR IN BUILDING: While staying at the flat, you agree to respect all the communal rules of the building, & to behave as a considerate & respectful paying guest, being careful not to cause any annoyance, inconvenience or noise disturbance for the neighbours. The building is a private home for the peaceful enjoyment of short term guests; it is not a hotel or a party house. You will not use the flat for any immoral, unlawful or offensive purposes
5. CLEANLINESS & CARE: You agree to take good care of the property, keeping it in a reasonably clean & hygienic condition at all times. You (especially the children in your group) must be very careful not to damage or stain any item in the flat, & if anything does get damaged or stained, you must report this to us before departure. At check-out, you will wash dishes, take out rubbish, return all items to their original position & leave the apartment/studio as close as possible to the way you found it at check-in, we of course will undertake a complete clean of the apartment.
6. SHOES/SMOKING: You will strictly NOT wear outdoor shoes if there are carpets in your apartment/studio at any time (otherwise carpet shampoo costs may have to be charged. The inside of apartment/studio and all communal internal areas are strictly "No Smoking", but you may smoke outside or on a balcony/ terrace/ garden should your apartment/studio have one, with the door closed behind you.
7. ENERGY EFFICIENCY: In order to save energy & reduce costs, you agree to switch off all heating & electrical appliances whenever you go out of the flat (otherwise excessive electricity charges may be added to your bill).
8. INSPECTION OF FLAT: On arrival, you should inspect the apartment/studio & if you find any problem or faulty or missing item, you agree to report this to us immediately, not later on (ie. if we don't know it’s broke, we can't fix it). We will then act, to the best of our ability as property managers, to arrange repair or replacement within a reasonable time-frame.
9. DEALING WITH PROBLEMS: The apartment/studio is rented to you in "as is" condition. Castletown House cannot be held responsible for any faults or missing items in the flat & therefore no claim for compensation or rent reduction can be made against us. We manage the apartment/studio & so much as any such problems would be caused by the misdemeanours of past guests or by unfortunate circumstances, they cannot be blamed upon us. You agree not to write any such problem as a negative review on any public website, because this would be counter-productive. Instead you agree to work with us so we can use our best efforts to mutually resolve the issue. If you are unhappy with how we deal with your issue, you may complain to the website on which you found our advert. We firmly believe in hospitality and we will always endeavour to put a problem right if we are informed of such problem, as it is in both our interests to do so.
10. KEEPING IN CONTACT: In case of emergency, while staying at the apartment/studio, you should remain contactable by phone, text, email or in person. Of course you may contact us by telephone, text or email at anytime 24 hours a day / 7 days a week, and we shall respond to e mails in a timely and appropriate fashion, if you have any questions or problems please do let us know. If you are given reasonable notice & the timing is not inconvenient, you would allow us access to the flat for repair work, inspection or marketing if necessary.
11. PAYING FOR DAMAGES: When you check-out, please leave the keys, our cleaners will collect when they clean, If we find any serious damage, staining or missing items, we will hold you responsible whilst we assess the costs of repair or replacement (evidence of these costs will be made available to you). We do not charge for the odd incidental glasses, cups, plates etc we would only charge for more serious damage. Extra care should be applied when using the washing machines, as excessive force is not required to open them. Any damages will be charged to your credit card within 7 days of us emailing you a request for such payment together with an invoice detailing as such.