Kim, Mark and the team welcome you to the Castlereagh Lodge Motel, positioned to make your stay in Coonamble as comfortable as possible. Located opposite the Bowling Club, next to the bottleshop, and only a few shops down from the IGA. Leave your car under cover in the parking area and walk to the main shopping strip, clubs, pubs and swimming pool.
Charge Back from local restaurants
On-site undercover parking
Parking for boats and trailers
Room service - limited service
Self service laundry facilities
|Check-in Instructions||General check in is between 2pm and 9pm. Late check in can be arranged. If you are going to be later than 6pm please phone ahead and let us know.
Checkout is before 10am. Late checkout can usually be arranged if organised on booking.
|Getting There||If driving we are on the Great Inland Way (Castlereagh Highway) the preferred route from Victoria to Central/North Queensland, between Gilgandra and Walgett.
There are regular daily flights into Dubbo with either Regional Express www.rex.com.au or QANTAS www.qantas.com.au and cars can be hired from DubboAirport. Flight details may have changed. Please confirm direct with booking agent.
A Countrylink bus service operates daily from Lightning Ridge through Coonamble to Dubbo to connect with the XPT rail service to Sydney and return.
We offer a courtesy pick up service from the bus stop, and local airport.
By road -
From Sydney we are a 6 1/2 hour drive via Dunedoo and Gilgandra, on the Castlereagh Hwy.
From Brisbane it is an 9 hour drive via Moree, Narrabri and Wee Waa
If driving from the South go through Coonamble over the bridge and we are a few hundred meters up on the left just past the IGA, diagonally opposite the Coonamble Bowling Club, right next to the bottle shop.
If coming from Narrabri, Coonabarabran or Moree via the Newell, turn right when you reach the Castlereagh Hwy at Coonamble. The Commercial hotel will be on your left. Proceed over the bridge, we are a few hundred meters up on the left just past the IGA, diagonally opposite the Coonamble Bowling Club, right next to the bottle shop.
If coming in from the North, Walgett, Lightening Ridge, St George, we will be on the right hand side just after Railway Street, right next to the bottle shop. If you get to the IGA or Coonamble Bowling club you have gone too far.
|Parking||6 units have undercover parking, all off street parking. All tariffs include parking. Small trailers can be accommodated. Small trucks can park out the front under council camera surveillance.|
|Things To Do||As well as exploring the local area Coonamble is an ideal base to explore the NSW country region
Central location for day trips to Dubbo to see the popular attractions at the Western Plains Zoo and the Old Dubbo Goal; the Pilliga Forest with its salt caves, Sandstone caves, bore baths, and Sculptures in the Scrub; the Warrumbungle National Park with bush walks, lookouts and the Sliding Springs observatory; the Macquarie Marshes – a 220 000 ha semi-permanent wetland for bird watching (60 species), canoeing (seasonal), and photography; and opal fossicking in Lightening Ridge.
Coonamble was built on the Castlereagh River after the first land lease – Koonamble Run was established in1840. The river is known as the upside down river because most of the time the river runs under the sand, but when it rains it becomes the fastest flowing inland river in the state. The Coonamble Museum, historic graveyard, Coonamble Heritage Walk and the Nickname Hall of Fame, tell more of the history of the area.
The township of 3000 people offers numerous activities/attractions for the visitor. Just over the road is the Coonamble Bowling club, a popular day and night spot for locals, with TAB, pokies, bar and bistro facilities as well as bowling greens.
There are several country pubs and a RSL club, the municipal olympic sized swimming pool, local shops and cafes. all walking distance. There is also gun, golf, greyhound, and horse racing clubs.
Other local activities include browsing the local galleries and country craft shop.
Of course if you prefer to relax we have all you need at the motel for a great stay – laze by the pool or in your room. Grab a coldy next door at the bottle shop and walk to the Bistro over the road.
|Business Facilities||We are the preferred motel for business travellers in the area. We offer -
Direct dial phones in every room.
Broadband wireless to every room and common areas
Fax, copy and printing from reception
|Terms and Conditions||Entry into Castlereagh Lodge Motel rooms is conditional upon supply of either a valid credit card, or bond money.
We have a zero tolerance to smoking in all rooms.
We have a zero tolerance party policy, for the interests of quiet enjoyment and respect for all guests. Please be respectful of other guests at all times, and be aware of noise restrictions between 10pm and 7am.
Immediate eviction with no refund applies to any breaches of this policy.
Dogs and pets are strictly forbidden inside guest room. Pets in vehicles may be permitted with prior arrangements.
If, in the course of a guest’s stay and contributable to any guests or visitors of that room, any unforeseen expenses become apparent, the guest’s credit card will be charged an amount appropriate to the expense incurred, at a rate determined by the management of the Sandstock Motor Inn. In the case of a bond, the bond funds will be held in reserve until such time that all costs associated with the said expenses are recovered. Any remaining bond money will be refunded to the guest.
Fees chargeable to guest accounts include, but are not limited to:
• Smoking in room – minimum $250.00 charge.
• Room degradation (such as vomit, bodily waste, general damage, any problem sufficient to result in a room being withdrawn from it’s availability to be let) – minimum $150.00 charge, plus a daily room tariff to be advised by the management, in accordance with business demand on the day, until said room is considered to be in a saleable condition.
• Bringing animals or pets into the room – not less than $300.00 or sufficient to cover the cost of having the room treated by a pest controller for lice, fleas or other vermin and having the carpets and curtains cleaned.
• Lost or stolen keys – minimum $40.00 charge. Attempts will be made to contact the guest who will be given the opportunity to return the keys taken. Failure to do so will result in the fee being charged to their credit card, or bond.
• Any damage to motel property, whether accidental or wilful, is the responsibility of the registered guest for each particular room. Any costs associated with repairs and/or replacement will be charged to the credit card of the registered guest. In extreme cases criminal charges will be pursued.
• Cooking in guest rooms is strictly forbidden with the exception of the use of the kettle, toaster, and microwave if provided in the room. A complimentary guest BBQ is provided at the pool for guest use. Fees for additional cleaning may apply should guest cook inside a guest room, and any fire authority charges relating to accidental activation or a smoke alarm will be borne by the guest.