The ONLY motel in the Maroubra beach area, just 20 minutes from the airport and the city. We have 15 immaculately maintained rooms with en-suite bathrooms, reverse cycle air conditioning and a AAA 3 star rating.
Bar / Lounge
Parking for boats and trailers
Self service laundry facilities
|Check-in||1pm to 10pm|
|Check-in Instructions||Please check-in at our motel reception. Enter via the side entrance located to the left of the bottleshop (on the side of the hotel that faces the shopping centre). Reception is open until 10pm. If you are planning to arrive after 10pm, please contact us on +61 2 9326 8800 prior to your arrival to arrange for a late check-in.|
|Getting There||From Sydney Airport:
A taxi should cost between $40 and $45 from the airport including all airport tariffs.
From the airport, follow the signs to the City. This will take you onto General Holmes Drive. At the end of General Holmes Drive, turn left onto Foreshore Road and follow it around until you come to Port Botany and a large intersection where Foreshore Road meets Botany Road. Get into the left lane and take the next turn left onto Beauchamp Road. Follow Beauchamp Road all the way along. You will drive over Bunnarong Road, then over Anzac Parade, until eventually you come to a roundabout. Turn left here onto Malabar Road, and then right at the 7-eleven onto Meagher Avenue. Turn into the carpark at the South Maroubra Shopping Centre and you’ve found us!
At peak hour taxi drivers may opt to go a different way, taking General Holmes drive onto James Joyce Drive, then cutting across the railway lines to Wentworth Avenue, past the Westfield Shopping Centre, right onto Bunnerong Road, left onto Fitzgerald Avenue, and following it down towards Maroubra Beach before turning right onto Broome Street and right onto Curtin Crescent. Drive 20m up the road and you’ll see our carpark on the right.
From Sydney CBD.
Bus Route 397 goes from the Circular Quay in the City to Tyrwhitt Street in Maroubra, which faces the Sands Hotel. Get off the bus and look across the street and you’ve found us.
A taxi should cost between $40 and $45 from the city.
Take Anzac Parade south and keep on going. You will pass UNSW, and eventually come to a big roundabout at Kingsford. Go through the roundabout, staying on Anzac Parade, and keep going until you pass through all the shops at Maroubra Junction. Turn left onto Fitzgerald Avenue, following it down towards Maroubra Beach. Take the last right onto Broome Street, and then right onto Curtin Crescent. Drive 20m up the road and you’ll see our carpark on the right.
From Coogee Beach.
Bus Route 353 goes from Coogee to Maroubra Beach, then it’s just a short walk up the hill to Broome Street, then right onto Curtin Crescent.
A taxi should cost between $10 and $15 from Coogee Beach.
Follow Arden Street south until you come to the roundabout in front of the cemetery. Turn left onto Malabar Road and follow the road around the cemetery and through 2 sets of lights, at which point you need to turn left to stay on Malabar Road. Follow it down (be careful of the school zone!) until you come to Fitzgerald Avenue. Turn left, then right onto Broome Street, then right onto Curtin Crescent. Drive 20m up the road and you’ll see our carpark on the right.
|Parking||The Sands Hotel is surrounded by a large, outdoor, off-street carpark. Guests are welcome to park in any designated car space, free of charge. Like all car parks in Sydney, it is best not to leave any valuables visible in your vehicle.|
|Things To Do||Surf (or take surfing lessons) at Maroubra beach. Go north or south along the very beautiful coast walk from the beach. Play golf (there are 10 golf courses within 8km of the Sands Hotel). Go fishing, or dine at the famous seafood restaurants at La Perouse and Yarra Bay. Shop till you drop at Eastgardens, or the Westfield Mall in Bondi Junction - the biggest in the Southern Hemisphere! Dress up for the races at the Royal Randwick Racecourse.
And when you finish your long day of exploring Sydney, relax downstairs in the bar of the Sands Hotel. Order a delicious pub meal from George's Bistro, join in the pool comp on Thursday nights, or Karaoke on the first Friday of every month - or simply take advantage of our free WIFI to check your emails and plan your next day!
|Business Facilities||Private room available with an extra-large TV screen that can connect directly to a presentation laptop, and plenty of parking just outside the door - ideal for meetings and presentations for up to 50 people.|
|Terms and Conditions||1. No parties, please.
• The number of guests gathered in the apartment overnight (ie after 10pm until 9am) must not exceed the number of persons booked.
• Any persons exceeding this number will be considered to be trespassers.
• Noise must be kept to a minimum level at all times.
• If any noise complaints are received from the neighbouring residents you may be asked to leave the premises immediately. Your accommodation tariff will not be refunded.
• The registered guest will be held financially responsible for any loss or damage caused during his/her stay.
2. No pets, please.
3. No smoking, please. All our rooms are non-smoking. Smoking is permitted outside on the balcony of each room provided that the balcony door remains closed, but strictly no smoking inside. A special cleaning fee of $50 will apply if your room smells of smoke when you check out.
4. You (our guest) agree that you will pay us (the Operator) the room rate for each day of your stay upon arrival.
3. You agree that any charge for services to you, not billed at the time of your arrival, may be added to your account for settlement as arranged or may be charged to the same credit card used to pay the account at the time of arrival or to the credit card used to guarantee payment of your account.
4. You agree that checkout time is 10.00 am on the date shown for your departure unless we agree to another time.
5. You agree that departure after that time may incur additional room charges
6. You agree to advise us of any change in the number of persons using the room and agree to pay any additional charges for additional persons not included in the number stated at the time of registration.
7. The maximum number of persons staying in any one room is 4.
8. You agree you are and remain personally liable to pay the total amount due on arrival unless prior settlement arrangements have been accepted by us. If the settlement arrangements have not been met within 30 days of departure you agree to pay the total amount due on receipt of our invoice.
9. You agree to pay us for any loss or damage to the room or equipment in the room during period of use.
10. You agree to return the key for the room at the time of your departure and agree to pay a $50 replacement fee for keys you lose or fail to return.
11. You agree any monies or other valuables, goods or vehicles that belong to you, brought in or on to the rooms, grounds or car-park remain your responsibility and we are not responsible for their safekeeping.
12. You agree that you will not make any claim against us for any damage or loss to your goods or valuables, regardless of how or where the loss or damage occurred.
13. You agree that regardless of your length of stay there is no tenancy or other rights created under any Landlord or Tenant laws and there are no such laws that apply to your stay. We grant you a licence to stay in our rooms and you agree that we may terminate the licence at any time without giving you a reason.
14. You agree to receive information from us via email or text message.